She’s reached her limits. After the deadly dose of ten excruciating helpings, her nerves just won’t take any more of it.
Any more of my Valentine’s Day posts, that is.
She – the mingleness-aspiring single – has threatened to break up with Love in India, if we continue to ignore her existence in the way we have (she alleges) over the last ten Valentine’s Day posts (or two weeks).
With that gun pointed at my head, I’ve quickly decided to tackle the question she keeps asking me but I didn’t get a chance to answer as apparently I was “too busy chatting up the Valentines”. The question is:
“Does he like me?”
Without risking any more of her patience, I’ll jump right into the answer.
- Talks to you without any reason: Does he keep pinging/texting you but it always seems to be “for no particular reason”? Most guys feel a little shy and nervous around the girl they like. This makes them beat about the bush when they’re talking to her. If a guy seems to really like talking to you, but it’s never “about” anything, watch out.
- Gets nervous around you: Next time you’re around him, ask yourself – “Does he like me?” and look for the answer in his body language. Have you noticed how he behaves? That shifty look and blushy smile? Those longing eyes which won’t stop staring at you if it seemed you were not looking? Shy attraction, coupled with an inability to be open and relaxed usually means he might have something going for you.
- Concerned for you: He shows a lot of concern at the slightest sign of any trouble for you.
“You didn’t come to college today. Are you alright??”
“What? You lost your notebook? I’ll keep mine photocopied and give it to you first thing tomorrow.”
- Tries to find out if you have a boyfriend: He likes you, so he’s shy around you, so he won’t ask you anything directly. But watch out for questions like:
“What do you like doing on weekends?”
“Oh you watched that movie in the theatre? Did you go with your friends?”
“What are your future plans?”
While innocent on the surface, the translation of these might read a bit like this:
“Do you have a boyfriend who you hang out with in the weekends?”
“Do you have a boyfriend who you go to movies with?”
“Do you have a boyfriend who you’re planning a future with??? L L”
Look no further and ask no more, “Does he like me?”
- Asks you how to get a girl: Once he’s started to lose is shyness a bit, he tells you that he’s looking for a girl. He describes the attributes of his ideal girl, which – needless to say – match perfectly with yours’. He even asks you if you know someone who would fit his bill.
If a guy is telling you to find you a girl for him who’s just like you, rest assured – he’s fallen for you.
- All his interests seem to match yours: Whenever you mention some interest of yours, he usually echoes.
“Oh Tom Hanks is my favourite actor too.”
“What a coincidence! Before you mentioned it I would never think someone from our generation could be as mad about ghazals as I am!”
Photo by chicago red cross
If it seems all his interests are miraculously aligned to you, he’s probably quite into you.
- If you flirt with others…: There’s this guy you’re really good friends with. You often hang out with him. But whenever you mention him to Mr. Mystery, he falls silent for a moment and then changes the topic. If you’re wondering why, here’s the answer: He’s jealous. Now do you really need to ask again – “Does he like me??” ;)
If he’s one who doesn’t hesitate to involve himself in your troubles just to help you out – he definitely has a thing for you.
Okay, Miss. Mingle-minded single? Does that make sense? Would you come back and tell me if they worked? The comments section’s all open for you.
I’ll go try to calm my nerves now. The break-up threat was really a scare.